Sunday, December 7, 2008

Chili and Spaghetti Squash

Thanks for inviting me, Laura. If there's one thing I enjoy talking or reading about, it's food. Tonight I made chili. It's so simple, I don't even want to share it for fear of being scoffed at. But I will anyway.

1 lb ground turkey
1 onion
1 can black beans
2 28- oz cans diced tomatoes
1 package of chili seasoning

Dice the onion. Throw the meat into a skillet. Add onions. When the meat is brown, dump it into a big pot with the rest of the stuff. I wasn't sure I added enough seasoning with all the tomatoes, so after that, I threw in some cumin, oregano, ground pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic salt without measuring. Then just before serving, I put in about 5 dashes of hot sauce, like Cholula. This is the worst recipe in the world. Then we put shredded cheese on top, the Kraft Mexican blend. I also got out the sour cream for a topping, but I was the only one who used it. So I'd say it's an option you can do without.

As for the spaghetti squash, it was my first time cooking it, so I just looked for an online recipe and the one I found was gross. It's got ricotta and sage in it. I already had some sage, that's why I went with this recipe. Don't use it! My husband ate it but he eats everything. I only finished my portion because I kept thinking it would taste better if I ate more. There's also garlic in it and you throw some roasted pine nuts on top. I spent $5 for a little package of those things. What a waste. Good thing I only wasted half the squash on that recipe. Now I've got to find something good to do with the rest of it.

No comments: