Adapted from Good Housekeeping: Vegetarian Meals cookbook
1 package gnocchi (16 oz)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 medium tomatoes (1 1/2 lbs) chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 - 10 fresh basil leaves chopped
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook gnocchi as directed on package.
2. In nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Stir in tomatoes, salt, basil, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes break up slightly - about 5 minutes.
4. Drain gnocchi; transfer to warm serving bowl. Stir in ricotta and permesan.
5. Pour tomato mixture on top; toss before serving.
Serve with a leafy green salad and bread sticks or garlic bread. Use an olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper dressing on the salad.